Need someone to work with me Home | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Gift Basket Exchange Network » Gift Basket Cooperative » Need someone to work with me « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Carolynb
Username: Carolynb

Post Number: 645
Posted on Friday, June 16, 2006 - 01:28 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hi all,
I get a fair amount of requests for custom single orders, which I won't do. While I will swap items out of the baskets and make substitutions I won't do personal shopping or build single orders from the ground up anymore. Been there and done that for many years and it just doesn't appeal to me anymore. So I am looking for someone who likes doing this and I will funnel the requests to you. There is a small group of us and we refer orders to each other if the customer wants the basket delivered quickly but they don't want to pay for Air shipping. We all typically give/take 20%, shipping not included in the referral fee. However, since these will be custom baskets I don't think it's fair to take 20% from every order. My proposition is this...I will refer the customer to whoever is interested and will ask for a 10% fee. I'd prefer to work with just one person and give all the custom orders to him/her. It just makes it less complicated. It doesn't matter where you are in the country. It would be helpful if we had similar design styles though. I use some kind of embellishment in each basket, whether it's silk florals or mylar sprays, I shrink and then over wrap in patterned cello and then every basket gets a nice hand tied bow. It doesn't have to be expensive ribbon in all cases, but no pull bows please.
I can't promise you tons of orders. Seems some weeks I'll get 10 requests and then will go for awhile with no custom requests. But if anyone if interested in this, please email me at carolyn@onawhim.com Sending me a link to your website or emailing me a pic of one of your baskets would be helpful if I don't know your work.
Thanks!
Carolyn

Berlee
Username: Berlee

Post Number: 207
Posted on Friday, June 16, 2006 - 02:42 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Carolyn~

I emailed you!
Blessings,
Berlee
Berlee's Fancies

Carolynb

Post Number: 647
Posted on Saturday, June 17, 2006 - 12:56 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hi again everyone! I posted this, stepped away from the board for the rest of the day yesterday and went through all my non order emails last night and was totally blown away by the sheer number of responses! I thought perhaps I'd get a couple of interested people, but there were tons and they are still coming in. So thanks so much everyone for all the responses, but no more emails please on this. I have it covered. I'll choose someone from all of the people who emailed me about it.
Good to know there are so many decent people on this board. I received such nice emails from everyone

Carolynb

Post Number: 649
Posted on Tuesday, June 20, 2006 - 08:47 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hi everyone,
Don't mean to be mean or ungrateful by any means but I really do have this covered. I was overwhelmed with responses and am still getting emails. Unfortunately I have not even gone through them all right now as I am in the middle of a personal situation that's been eating up most of my time. Since I've received so many emails I think I am going to go with the first come/first served person who emailed me. I've known her for years on here and in personal emails anyway so it will work out well for both of us I think. Depending on how this works out I may add one other from another part of the country. I do want to thank everyone who responded. I am totally blown away by the response. I didn't expect it but it's really good to know there are so many people available to refer to who will work on a referral fee. I am going to keep that list open for ALL orders, not just custom, because I always get requests for rush orders and they don't want to pay for air shipping.
Thanks again everyone!!!
Carolyn

Add Your Message Here
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration